1.1 MOODY is brought to you by We Are Moody Limited (“MOODY”, “our”, “we” or “us”). This privacy statement explains how we use your personal information to provide you with the MOODY website www.wearemoody.com and mobile application (individually and together, the “MOODY Platform”) and other services offered by us (the "Services").
1.2 We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We ask that you read this Privacy Statement carefully as it contains important information about what personal information we may collect from you and how we will use it. Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be sent to email@example.com.
2. About us
2.1 We Are Moody Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 10047636. Our registered office is at The Windsor Centre, 15-29 Windsor St, London, England, N1 8QG.
2.2 For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, and any subsequent legislation which may replace it, we are the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal information).
3. What information do we collect?
3.1 We collect data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our MOODY Platform and Services. We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Account information. The information that you provide to us when creating and updating your MOODY Profile, including your name, username, e-mail address and social media usernames. We may also receive voice recordings from you if you use any voice recognition tool available in the MOODY Platform to update your MOODY Profile.
- Health and wellbeing information. The information relating to your health and wellbeing which you provide to us when completing the Questionnaire on our MOODY Platform, or when interacting with us and the MOODY Platform. This may include health information relating to your:
- menstrual and hormonal health, including physical and mental symptoms and conditions (such as mood, depression and anxiety) and the frequency of your period;
- diet and weight, including food intolerances and appetite;
- lifestyle and wellbeing, such as frequency of exercise, energy levels, sleeping habits, libido, skin and hair conditions, smoking habits, consumption of alcohol and use of drugs; and
- exposure to pollution and chemicals.
- Payment and billing details. Where you buy MOODY products or Services on the MOODY Platform, we will require payment and billing information (such as your payment method, address and postcode) in order to handle the processing and despatch of orders.
- Location information. If you allow us to connect to your device’s geolocation functionality, we may collect your location data by use of GPS and wifi data. You can turn off the MOODY Platform’s ability to access your geolocation at any time through your device’s general or privacy settings.
- Device information. This includes information about the device you may use to use the MOODY Platform and Services, such as the device's identifiers, operating system, and browser type and network information.
- Log information. Information relating to your use of the MOODY Platform, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the MOODY Platform (including date and time), products and Services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as clicks), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- [Information from other sources. We may receive details of individual names and email addresses from third parties, in order to contact you for marketing purposes (as further described in section 6 (Marketing). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the source of that information.]
4. Why do we collect this information?
4.1 We use the information we collect to:
- provide the MOODY Platform and the Services;
- allow you to create an account on the MOODY Platform;
- provide the Questionnaire on the MOODY Platform, and to allocate you to a Tribe according to the answers you provide;
- provide you with supplement and wellbeing suggestions based on your Tribe;
- communicate with you within the MOODY Platform and via email with information which we feel is relevant to your Tribe (please see section 6 (Marketing) for further information);
- fulfil your orders for any products or Services purchased on the MOODY Platform; and
- facilitate or contribute to research activities (please see section 5 (Research) for further information on this).
4.2 We also use information that we collect about you for operational purposes, including to:
- provide customer services, including responding to your enquiries, fulfilling any of your requests for information and notifying you about changes to our MOODY Platform and Services;
- improve our MOODY Platform and Services and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- administer our MOODY Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- comply with applicable laws, to enforce our rights or to respond to requests from law enforcement and other government authorities.
4.3 We use your personal data on the basis of one or more of the following reasons:
- your consent. You provide this consent when ticking a box on the MOODY Platform before sharing your personal data with us. You may withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data at any time, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, this will affect your ability to continue to access and use the MOODY Platform and the Services. Any withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal information which has taken place before you have withdrawn your consent;
- to comply with a legal obligation.
5.1 We may share anonymised data about users of the MOODY Platform with research institutions. This will help them to carry out research on health and wellbeing, with the intention to improve women’s health. The type of anonymised data that that we might share with those research institutions could include mood, period and sleep data. As the data is anonymised, it will not identify any individual and therefore will not be personal data.
5.2 You are given the choice as to whether you would like your data to be used in this way, by opting in or out when creating an account on the MOODY Platform. If you opt in but later change your mind and do not want to your data to be used in this way, please contact us at email@example.com.
6.1 We may contact you via email with information about products and services that we feel may interest you.
6.2 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You are given the opportunity to opt in and opt out of marketing emails on creation of an account on the MOODY Platform. If you change your mind and do not want to receive any marketing emails from us, you can remove yourself by following the unsubscribe directions provided in the footer of our emails, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Who we might share your information with?
7.1 We will never share or sell your personal information to any third parties unless we have your consent, but we may share your personal information in the ways described below:
- Suppliers. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, including our payment processing, data analytics and other IT suppliers (for example, MailChimp). We do not share your personal information with our agents or suppliers except as is necessary in order to enable them to provide us with a service.
- Other reasons. We may also share your personal information with a purchaser or potential purchaser of our business and in some circumstances, we may have to disclose your personal information by law, either because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked us for it, to enforce our legal rights, or to prevent fraud.
- We may also share anonymised data with research institutions, as described in more detail at section 5 (Research).
8. Where we store your personal data
8.1 The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, destinations inside and outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the United States of America. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for our suppliers. By submitting your personal data via the MOODY Platform and Services, you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of your personal data outside of the EEA.
8.2 MOODY will comply with its obligation under data privacy laws to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to provide an adequate level of protection of any personal data transferred to a destination outside of the EEA. If you would like more information as to the safeguards in place, please contact us at email@example.com.
9.1 We take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely. In particular, all information you provide to us is stored on our supplier’s secure servers (including within the ‘cloud’) and any information we process relating to your payment transactions will be sent over an encrypted connection or other secure networks. We will also anonymise your personal information before sharing with third parties for research purposes (where you have permitted us to share such data). You should be aware, however, that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure.
9.2 Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our MOODY Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
9.3 We will continue to hold your personal information for a period of 12 months after the date on which you cancel your account on the MOODY Platform or, if relevant, for as long as is necessary to comply with any legal obligations.
10. Third party links
10.1 Our MOODY Platform contains links to the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. For example, online retailers where you can click through and view and purchase supplements and vitamin products.
10.2 If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
11. Your rights
11.1 You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you under data protection laws. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11.2 If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us at [email@example.com]as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as reasonably practicable.
11.3 You may be entitled to additional rights in relation to our handling of your personal data under the EU General Data Protection Regulation due to come into force on 25 May 2018, or any equivalent rules in the UK. For example, the right to have your personal data erased, the right to object to or restrict us from processing your personal data, and the right to data portability. If you would like to exercise these rights once they come into force, please write to us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11.4 Should you have any complaints about how we handle your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. Should we be unable to resolve your complaint and you wish to take your complaint further, you may do so by contacting the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
12. Updates to this Privacy Statement
12.1 Any changes we make to our Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Statement.